The perfect recipe to bring the smell of fall into your house!
This recipe is using our famous gluten free all purpose flour and the Cannelle boulangerie baking powder, both available online HERE.
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 cup unsweetened pumpkin purée
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup blackstrap molasses
- 1 2/3 cups Cannelle Boulangerie All purpose Flour
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin spice ( nutmeg, cinnamon, ginger and cloves)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon Cannelle Boulangerie baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 cup toasted chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Line a muffin pan with large paper liners.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the chia seeds and water. Set aside for a few minutes to thicken.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients (Cannelle Boulangerie All purpose flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, baking powder, and salt).
- In the same bowl as the chia mixture, whisk together the wet ingredients (chia mixture, pumpkin purée, oil, maple syrup, brown sugar, and molasses) until smooth.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry ingredients and stir until just combined. No patches of flour should remain.
- If using, stir in the chopped walnuts. You can also reserve some for garnish on top.
- Divide the batter equally between the 12 muffin liners. They should be about 3/4 full or a bit more. Add any reserved walnuts on top and gently push down (optional).
- Bake the muffins for 25 to 35 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.
Cool the muffins in the pan for 5 to 10 minutes, and then transfer each muffin onto a cooling rack until completely cool.