Pascale, our collaborator from the blog Fhealing better, awakens our senses this week with a healthy recipe full of beautiful colors. Made with veggies, hummus and tofu, this panini will satisfy even the biggest appetite!
Cooking time: 10-15 minutes
Makes: 4 Sandwiches
- One bag of Cannelle Boulangerie Panini breads
- 1 package of fine herbs extra-firm tofu
- 1 zucchini
- 1 small eggplant
- 1 red pepper
- Roasted red pepper hummus
- Dairy free swiss cheese
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basilic
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 garlic clove
- Cut your tofu in 6 equal parts.
- In a large container, place the tofu with the marinade* and leave it in the fridge for at least an hour.
- Cut the eggplant and the zucchini into slices with a mandolin.
- Cut the red pepper in 4 to 6 large strips.
- Grill all of the veggies with a bit of olive oil and salt and pepper until they become soft.
- Grill the marinated tofu until it’s golden on the outside.
- Toast Cannelle Panini bread in the toaster.
- Spread roasted red pepper hummus on both side of the bread. Add the grilled vegetables and the tofu.
- Finish with a slice of Swiss cheese and grill your panini in a pan until the cheese starts to melt.