Cannelle Boulangerie has teamed up with another spectacular Quebec company – Noble Bean . We joined forces to create a truly healthy gluten-free vegetarian sandwich bursting with flavour!
- Cannelle’s Panini bun
- 240g package of Noble Bean Tempeh, thawed
- Alfalfa sprouts
- Sunflower sprouts
- Shredded carrots
- Mayonnaise or vegenaise
- Remove thawed tempeh from plastic packaging
- Cut tempeh into equal parts and place in a bowl with marinade* and leave in the fridge for at least an hour
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place baking dish in the oven and bake marinated tempeh for 20 minutes. Flip each piece and bake for additional 20 minutes or until most of marinade is absorbed.
- Grill Cannelle Panini bread in the toaster.
- Spread mayonnaise or vegenaise on the bread and add the shredded carrots, alfalfa sprouts, sunflower sprouts and cooked tempeh
- Salt and pepper as desired
* Tempeh marinade:
- 1/2 cup of water
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 tablespoon tamari or soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves