A beautiful special occasion dessert from our collaborator Fhealing Better. This elegant cake is the perfect dessert to bring to a dinner party or surprise someone on their birthday. Made with our quality Cannelle Atelier gluten-free products and coconut milk this fondant cake is healthy and indulgent!
RASPBERRY AND CHOCOLATE FONDANT
• 2 cups Cannelle all-purpose flour
• 2 cups coconut sugar
• 1 tablespoon Cannelle baking powder
• a pinch of salt
• 2 cups unsweetened almond milk
• 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
• ½ cup melted coconut oil
• 1 tablespoon of Cannelle Egg Replacer (mixed with ¼ cup water)
• 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- Preheat the oven at 350 degrees.
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- In a second bowl, mix all the liquid ingredients and then incorporate the dry ingredient mixture.
- In a 9 inches round mold, incorporate half of the chocolate fondant mixture.
- Cook for 45 to 50 minutes and start again with the other half of the preparation.
• 4 cups raspberries
• 1/2 cup maple syrup
• 1/2 cup chia seeds
- Using a fork, crush the raspberries to create a mashed puree.
- Add maple syrup and the chia seeds and mix well.
- Leave the mixture in the refrigerator for a minimum of 1 hour so that it thickens like a jam.
CHOCOLATE ALMOND ICING:
• 1 can light coconut milk
• 2 cups dark chocolate
• 2/3 cup coconut sugar
• 1/2 cup natural almond butter
- Place the coconut milk in a large saucepan and heat over medium heat.
- Once the milk is hot, add the dark chocolate and stir continuously.
- When the chocolate is melted, add the sugar and the almond butter and stir until the consistency is smooth.
- Let it cool down and put it in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours until the creaming gets thick and firm.
DIRECTIONS FOR ASSEMBLING THE CAKE:
- Put a generous layer of raspberry jam between the two tiers of chocolate fondant.
- Spread some chocolate and almond icing on top of the cake.
- Garnish your cake with fresh raspberries, dark chocolate chips, coconut and natural almonds.