Halloween time is a good moment to reunite the family and decorate our pumpkins.
But what to do with all this pulp? Here’s a recipe for the pumpkin cookies I tried at home that was approved by my 6-year-old son. I especially wanted to prove our all-purpose gluten-free Cannelle Boulangerie by turning a gluten-free recipe into gluten-free and it works!
Put the pumpkin in the spotlight with this gourmet dessert rich in fibre, beta carotene and minerals. These crunchy cookies had no trouble marrying a cream cheese topping or dipped in chocolate!
½ cup of softened butter
1 cup of sugar
1 ½ cup steamed or baked pumpkin puree.
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cup gluten-free all-purpose flour mixture Cannelle Boulangerie
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon gluten-free baking powder Cannelle Boulangerie
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
¼ teaspoon salt
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F).
2. Cream 125 ml (1/2 cup) butter with sugar. Beat in pumpkin, egg and vanilla.
3. In a bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Stir into the pumpkin mixture.
4. Spoon the dough onto parchment paper-lined baking sheets and flatten slightly.
5. Bake for 12 to 14 minutes or until the bottom of the cookies is golden brown. Cool on a wire rack