This pulled pork sandwich recipe is super easy and sooooo delicious. The dark beer adds a nice sweet little touch to the smokey flavours of the meat.
Makes: 4 burgers
- 4 Cannelle Boulangerie Panini bread
- 2-3 pound pork shoulder
- 3 garlic cloves finely sliced
- 1 big onion chopped
- 1 cup BBQ sauce (I used hickory bourbon)
- 2 tablespoons Sriracha
- 1 dark gluten free beer
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 purple cabbage sliced
- 2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoon brown sugar
- Melt butter in a large cooking pot over medium heat. Add onions and garlic. Let simmer until golden in color for a few minutes. Set aside in a bowl.
- Cut the pork into big chunks.
- On high heat, in the same cooking pot, add more butter. Add pork and brown on all sides.
- On low heat, add cooked onions and garlic, BBQ sauce, one dark beer, beef broth, brown sugar and Sriracha. Let it cook for 5-8 hours. *The meat has to reach 190 degrees for the pulled pork effect.
- Remove pieces of pork and shred. Boil the sauce in the pot until the texture is thick enough to stick to the meat and mix them together.
- Slice cabbage and add apple cider vinegar.
- Serve on Cannelle Boulangerie Panini buns.