With the cold season quickly approaching, we thought of an easy recipe to add texture and flavor to your homemade soups. We used the Cannelle Quinoa Etc sliced bread, but any of our sliced breads are perfect for this tasty and quick recipe.
- 5 cloves garlic, peeled and lightly pounded
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 pieces bread QUINOA ETC. , cut into 3/4-inch cubes (about 6 cups)
- 1/4 cup finely grated fresh Parmesan cheese
Preheat the oven to 350 F.
In a small bowl combine the garlic, parsley, salt, and the oil. In a large bowl, toss the bread cubes with the oil mixture, spread them in a single layer on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper
Bake in the middle of the oven for 8 minutes. Sprinkle the croutons with the Parmesan cheese and bake them until they are golden. Sprinkle the croutons with the additional salt and let them cool. Serve the croutons as a topping for a green salad or on your favorite soup.